2017 Death Valley Rendezvous

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

2017 Death Valley Rendezvous

Postby everin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Anyone from the club plan on attending the Death Valley Rendezvous February 16-20? I was kicking around the idea and wanted to see if there was any interest. Scott Moseman.
Scott A. Moseman
2013 R1200GS
BMWMOA #196924
"A challenging day of riding trumps a productive day at the office."
everin

Re: 2017 Death Valley Rendezvous

Postby Roseville Rick » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:57 am

If I read the website right it's $80. That includes camping and food?
2009 BMW R1200GS
2008 Yamaha FJR1300
RCB Since 2011
IBA #50411
Roseville Rick

Postby everin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Hello Scott,
I'm glad you're planning to attend! It's okay that you don't arrive on an airhead beemer, perhaps this will encourage you go get back onto one soon! Here is the full event notice - I recall last year having some members of the River City Beemers in attendance, you'll make friends quickly, we're an okay bunch of guys.

February 17 - 20 Death Valley Rendezvous #25

This year marks the 25th anniversary of the “Oldest and Lowest of all Airhead Rendezvous,” and, as in the previous 24 years, we will brave the unpredictable weather of February to gather at the Furnace Creek Campground in Death Valley National Park on President’s Day weekend.

The Furnace Creek Ranch is nearby with a well-stocked general store, restaurants, saloon, Olympic sized spring fed pool, showers, museum, gas station, & motel rooms.
The Death Valley Nat’l Park visitor’s center is also a short walk from the campground. Whether you decide to explore the park or leave your ride parked for the day, we know you’ll have a good time. There are miles of dirt roads to explore and the paved ones take you to all the highlights the park has to offer.
The event is steeped in tradition, and last year we counted over 130 motorcycles with attendees from as far away as New Jersey! We all enjoyed the perfect 80 degree weather in the shady trees with friends old and new. We hope to see YOU there!

Here is what you get: 3 nights of National Park camping, An array of fine craft beverages kept icy cold. We won’t run out. 3 premium meals by Pixton/Kempton Moto Catering including Saturday Breakfast, Saturday Dinner, Saturday evening champagne toast, Sunday Brunch, Friday dinner & Saturday lunch may be available a la carte at a nominal charge. Healthy Snacks – Cases of fresh fruit / crunchy munchies, & complimentary toothbrushes & toothpaste. Nightly bonfire, camaraderie with like-minded people & priceless memories.

We also have door prizes from Sena, Butler Maps, Parts Haus, EPM Performance Imports, Touratech, Schuberth, Adventure Pockets, Mosko Moto, Sargent Cycle Products, Kermit Chairs, , Fontana Village Resort, Adaptive Technologies, Warm N Safe and Wunderlich.

$70 Registration Fee for the event. $80 for onsite registration -- no guaranty we will have enough meals, space, etc. (but we probably will.)

NEW for this year: Early bird arrivals are okay!! We have reserved a few select sites on Thursday night as well, so if you’re a day ahead of the official start time, we’ll have a place for you to set up camp without the hassle of dealing with the rangers, reservations, etc. We will ask for a donation to cover the cost of the extra night.

Registration is still done the old fashioned way: You will mail a check to: John Covington – Central California Airmarshal – 714-309-8077, 1707 Victoria Drive, Fullerton CA 92631

For additional info, details, and questions: Call, text, or email: Gary Jackson – Southern California Airmarshal – 619-559-0108, 3265 Dwight Street, San Diego CA 92104 SoCalAirmarshal@gmail.com

Gary
Scott A. Moseman
2013 R1200GS
BMWMOA #196924
"A challenging day of riding trumps a productive day at the office."
everin

Postby Rick B » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Im trying to adjust my schedule, but I would have to go and return from my LA office
Rick B

Return to Rides and Destinations