Weather in Montana.

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

Weather in Montana.

Postby RocklinMike » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:07 pm

I know most of the members in RCB are seasoned riders and experienced in cross country travel and are prepared for conditions that can arise in multi state travel. But, if you are going to Billings and are not sure if your gear is waterproof, I would suggest toting some rain gear. Ran that country for 14 years and it can FLAT RAIN IN THAT COUNTRY! Talking about cats and dogs rain. Not California rain! Just sayin'. Be advised. Have fun. Beautiful country. Oh yeah, the deer are freekin' HUGE! Not the forest rats we have here, which are big enough to ruin your day.
2016 Polaris Slingshot
2013 R1200GSA
2005 R1200GS
2013 R1200GS (Stofer WTRBXR)
BMWMOA # 139904
RCB 2008
IBA #50412
RocklinMike

Weather in Montana.

Postby r90beemer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:15 pm

Unfortunately I can attest to the deer size having hit one in March with my Mercedes. She or he (that time of year the bucks have shed their antlers so it hard to tell) tried to beat me across the road and leaped high enough to clear the hood but not the windshield. Close to $5K in damage. And yes, I am glad I wasn't on the bike - the deer literally came out of nowhere and it was 2:00 PM. Suddenly there a hairy body in my face. Luckily the deer did not come through the windshield. I am still finding small shards of glass now and then in the cabin. So, be very vigilant. :o Tom Moe, RCB MT
Attachments
IMG_0492 small.jpg
IMG_0492 small.jpg (15.89 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
Tom Moe
Montana BMW Rider :D
r90beemer

Return to Rides and Destinations