Lincoln, CA to Billings, MT

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

Lincoln, CA to Billings, MT

Postby everin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:31 pm

I'll be departing Lincoln Tuesday, July 7 to the BMW MOA Rally. I ride a R1200GS, so some of my routes will be taking me off improved roads into some remote areas. I doubt if I will have any takers, but if you have the time and a bike suitable for the challenge, I would welcome the company. My planned route is:

Day 1 - Lincoln to Goose Lake SR Area, OR - Camping at the Goose Lake SR Campground
Day 2 - Goose Lake to Baker City, OR - Camping at an RV Park
Day 3 - Baker City to Hat Top Point (Hells Canyon) - Camping at Saddle Creek Campground
Day 4 - Hat Top Point to Elk City, ID - Camping at Granite Springs Campground (Magruder Corridor)
Day 5 - Granite Springs Campground to Sam Billings Memorial CG (Magruder Corridor)
Day 6 - Sam Billings CG to Polson, MT - Camping Location TBD
Day 7 - Polson to Cut Bank, MT (Routing along Flathead Lake through Glacier Park Going to the Sun Hwy - Camping at an RV Park in Cut Bank
Day 8 - Cut Bank to Great Falls, MT - Camping Location TBD
Day 9 - Great Falls to Billings

I plan on arriving early to visit my parents who live outside of Billings. I will be volunteering with rally setup. I grew-up outside of Billings and know the area well. I was planning a day ride (Friday, July 24) up into the Pryor Mountains to the Big Ice Cave, Penns Cabin, and to view the wild horses on Sykes Ridge (gravel roads). If anyone is interested, look me up at the rally. Looking forward to my first BMW MOA Rally. Safe travels everyone. :shock:
Scott A. Moseman
2013 R1200GS
BMWMOA #196924
"A challenging day of riding trumps a productive day at the office."
everin

Return to Rides and Destinations