Zumos

Does this forum software have you completely befuddled? Use this forum to look for tips or ask for help.

Zumos

Postby Rand Olson » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:16 pm

My Navigator II is about worn out. Thinking of a Zumo. I'm a simple man and don't need or want the bluetooth or the weather satellites. Just want to know where I'm going and how to get home without trying to pin a map somewhere on my bike. Ken suggested the Zumo 550. Would e-bay be the place to go. I looked there and they are about $400 cheaper than the places I looked on line. What do I need to know to navigate e-bay with out getting messed up? I saw some that were "refurbished" and I think there were some that didn't have the mounting hardware??? I'd rather spend a few more dollars and get what I need than try to get the cheapest thing out there and have it quit up in the Sheldon Game Refuge somewhere! Any help would be appreciated... Thanks..
Rand Olson

Re: Zumos

Postby woodp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Rand,

I certainly wouldn't pay Garmin's list price of $900 when their own dealers (and Amazon) regularly sell new units at $600.

While the unit is pretty rugged, you'll have to use your own risk tolerance factors to decide if saving another $100 or so for a used eBay unit from someone you don't know is worth it ... You might get the deal of your life or ...
Phil Wood - RCB Member Emeritus
woodp@woodp.com - 916/673-3456
IBA #21233, RA #32719
woodp

Postby chessher » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Rand, I have owned most every Garmin gps for motorcycles starting with a GPS III to today’s ZUMO 665. I would recommend the 660 over the 550 as it has better data displays and newer map functions. The 665 adds weather and radio functions you may not need. Another option is the Garmin NUVI 500. You can find 500’s for around $200 new and they will do most of the needed functions. They are waterproof and you can get RAM or Tourtech mounts for them. I have a NUVI 500 on my wife’s bike. Jeff C.
chessher

Postby Rand Olson » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:10 am

Thank you guys for your help. I bought a Zumo 550 for $500, new and in the box with warrenty and free shipping??? Will let you know the results.. Thanks again for the help.
Rand
Rand Olson

Return to Help Forum