A few suggestions

Does this forum software have you completely befuddled? Use this forum to look for tips or ask for help.

A few suggestions

Postby ken » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:20 pm

• When you register, consider using your real name. It will make it a lot easier for other members to know who's posting. That's not a requirement, but it would be nice. You can use your first name and last initial, your first initial and last name, or just your first or last name, or really anything you want. Your name will be easier to remember (for most of us) than a made-up Username.
  • When you login, check the box that says "Log me in automatically..." That way, you don't have to enter your Username and password every time you come to the Forum.
  • If you subscribe to a Forum, you'll get an email whenever there's a new post to that Forum (e.g. Rides and Destinations). Unfortunately, the email will only notify you of new posts, rather than include the entire post as the old forum did.
  • You can change the default font size. On the line near the top that start out, "Board index...", look over to the far right side for a dim-looking letter A. Click on it to cycle throught 3 different font sizes.
Eat. Ride. Repeat.
ken

Re: A few suggestions

Postby SteveH » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:15 pm

I wanted to post a pic for my avatar. Every one I can find is at least 800 KB, and mostly in the 3.5 KB range.. The board requirement for a max of 100 KB is awful small. How can I shrink my pics down to fit?
SteveH

Postby woodp » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:22 pm

SteveH wrote:I wanted to post a pic for my avatar. Every one I can find is at least 800 KB, and mostly in the 3.5 KB range.. The board requirement for a max of 100 KB is awful small. How can I shrink my pics down to fit?

Send it to me - I'll be happy to squeeze it down to something more reasonable.
Phil Wood - RCB Member Emeritus
woodp@woodp.com - 916/673-3456
IBA #21233, RA #32719
woodp

Postby Shopdoc » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:38 pm

I am not getting Forum updates sent to me. Used to and it was nice. Help!
Shopdoc
Shopdoc

Postby Mike Herte » Fri May 01, 2015 8:31 am

Click the "User Control Panel" link (it's just below "Board Index" link, top left of page.)
    Next click the "Board Preferences" tab.
    Then select "Edit posting defaults" and click the "Yes" radio button next to "Notify me upon replies by default:"
    Finally, click "Submit".
You'll then be notified whenever there's a change to a post in which you've participated.
Mike Herte

Postby ken » Fri May 01, 2015 9:00 am

To be notified of ALL posts to a forum, go to that forum (e.g., Rides and Destinations), scroll down to the bottom and check Subscribe forum.
You'll be notified at your registered email address of any and all new posts to that forum.
The notice will contain a link to the topic with the new post(s).
Eat. Ride. Repeat.
ken

Postby woodp » Fri May 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Shopdoc wrote:I am not getting Forum updates sent to me. Used to and it was nice.

As you're learning, there are several different methods. If you use any of the "feed" or "RSS" readers available for PCs, Macs, iPhones, Androids or whatever, simply add http://rcb.org/forum/feed.php and you'll get 'em all.

I use theoldreader.com for PC and Mac, and News+ in Android. I'm certain fruit phones have something similar.

Another option? Have a summary email sent to you once a day that contains all the previous day's messages. This one can get a bit overwhelming when people sign up for events, but sometimes one daily email is better than 40 individual emails during the day.
Subscribe to RCB Forum Feed by Email

Good luck!
Phil Wood - RCB Member Emeritus
woodp@woodp.com - 916/673-3456
IBA #21233, RA #32719
woodp

Return to Help Forum