GPS mount for K1200 RS

Want to discuss the relative merits of the GS vs the RT? Or need help adjusting your brake cables? This is the place.

GPS mount for K1200 RS

Postby Flyboy737 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Does anyone know where I could find some sort of mount set up for a Garmin on a 1200RS? There is only one spot it can fit now with the Bar Backs on the handlebars, and that's right at the fork stem area. I'd hate to have to drill any holes there on that plate...in fact I wouldn't. I know there must be some sort of set up, but even RAM with all their crazy combos seems to have no answer. Help!!
Flyboy737

Re: GPS mount for K1200 RS

Postby quack » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:34 am

There is a Ram mount that you can put into the center stem after you take off the bmw emblem. I have one if you want to buy it for half price, since I no longer have a k1200s. Not sure if it works with the barbacks, but it might.
michael miller
quack

Re: GPS mount for K1200 RS

Postby Flyboy737 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:07 am

Hi Mike, and thanks for the quick response. I thought that's what I would do....even bought that RAM kit to fit down the fork stem. But when I took off the emblem there was no real shaft at all...just another piece of steel that was nearly flush with the handlebar plate. My bike is a '99 so maybe things changed there. Quite frustrating...I'm thinking I'm going to have to just glue a flat RAM plate on there.

Steve
Flyboy737

Return to Motorcycle Discussions