Trinity Lake

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

Trinity Lake

Postby Rand Olson » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:31 pm

I was hoping to be the first on to thank Rick, Mike and Ray for doing such an awesome job with our last weekend's run up to Trinity Lakes. It was more fun than a person should legally be allowed to have! Great campground and super helpful people at the KOA.

The run Saturday was superb! the west end of 299 and the Samoan Cookhouse were great. I'm thankful that the Samonan Cookhouse isn't any closer to Sacramento. Can you imaging what we'd look like it we held our Saturday breakfasts there every week? The food was delicious and then coming back over 36...what can you say. Skip, what a great job in leading our ride over hill and dale! Was great riding with all you guys...thanks a lot!

Rand :D
Rand Olson

Re: Trinity Lake

Postby RocklinMike » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Thanks for the kudos Rand. It was a great weekend. If you like to ride then this was it. So many possibilities as to routes and other diversions. Wine tasting, fishing, Weaverville, and whatever. We had camaraderie, camp fires, Gary and Linda providing our continental breakfast feast.Thanks to Gary and Linda. They always have our back.. What great people. They are what makes this club rock.I am sure this is will be an annual event that we all look forward to and will surpass Manchester numbers. I really like Manchester but this area kicks Manchester's tail.
RocklinMike
2016 Polaris Slingshot
2013 R1200GSA
2005 R1200GS
2013 R1200GS (Stofer WTRBXR)
BMWMOA # 139904
RCB 2008
IBA #50412
RocklinMike

Postby Mike Herte » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:23 am

The Trinity Lake Rendezvous was my first camping trip with the club since I've been a member and it turned out to be worth the wait! Thanks to Mike, Rick and Ray for their work in organizing this event and to Gary and Linda for making breakfast. The ride to the Samoa Cookhouse was my first opportunity to ride highways 3, 36 and 299. All I can say is that I regret having waited until this trip to ride those roads, but I can't wait to do it again!
I used the Rendezvous as a starting point for my two week ride through Oregon up to the Olympic peninsula and back down the Pacific coast and it was as good a start to a vacation as I could have hoped for.
Mike Herte

Postby RocklinMike » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Mike, On behalf of the Rocklin crew, I'm happy that you enjoyed the Trinity trip. Also happy that you had a great vacation to Wa. We are looking forward to making this a yearly event and judging by the feedback from members, it is a givin. We are not trying to replace other events, ie: Manchester, but to open up for the club, all the great possibilities this area has to offer. You could ride up, camp and relax, or you can wear out some tires on some incredible roads. We will be asking other members who explored other ride options for their experiences so we can give folks multiple choices for their adventures at this event. Would love to see 80 or 90 of you criminals up there next year! Maybe we'll have an El Nino year and there will be a bit more water in the lake next year.
RocklinMike
2016 Polaris Slingshot
2013 R1200GSA
2005 R1200GS
2013 R1200GS (Stofer WTRBXR)
BMWMOA # 139904
RCB 2008
IBA #50412
RocklinMike

Return to Rides and Destinations