Post Manchester Beach

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

Post Manchester Beach

Postby bmrjack » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Wow, RCB just keeps rackin em up! Jeanie & crew fit right in to the pattern-well organized, well run, well thought out. Didn't hurt Jeanie had some pull with the weatherman-unusual & perfect. The ride, oh the ride. Coming back flanked by my two bunkie buddies "I got my Aerostich zipped & I'm ready to go dammit" Fred Jewel, & Mike "what me worry?" Harvey, we had the near perfect return home. Almost as good as the exit from Beemer Bash-the Northeast quadrant of California being my personal riding choice. It's these memories that make this avocation worthwhile.

And yes, there is always that priceless moment, that at least for me, defines the experience. With attribution again to twice removed past Prez GS, who also happens to ride a new GS, and at Salem said the best part of our rides is the kickin tire sessions around the campfire. Just such occurred Saturday nite between two long-time RCB members-Teutonic Goldwing rider, affected a bit by his "brogue", and one of our domestic Goldwing riders, also affected perhaps a bit by warranted meds. The conversation went something like this:

Import GS-"I hate this durned Kermit chair. I'm getting rid of it. Every time I pick it up to move it pots fall off."
Domestic GS-"What?"
Import GS-"The pots fall off dammit! The pots, the pots, the pots!"
Domestic GS-"What pots?"
Import GS-silence
As the totally exasperated Domestic GS then utters a "whatever" or whatnot, a voice is heard from the dark outer reaches of the campfire ring, bellowing..."He means the parts, the PARTS!! We woke the whole KOA campground up with the riotous laughter.
You just can't make this kind of stuff up. It may perhaps assist you if you read the above exchange aloud, and perhaps think of spelling the word in question as pahtz.

My closing statement consists of requesting the other "lawyer Jack" to reiterate herein infra his opening remarks, with my abetment, interrupting President Gordy's commencement of the gala meeting Saturday nite. I cringe/nay shudder at the thought of duplicating his legistical, yes legistical eloquence in this forum. I understood only the part about of pair of Jacks opening.
bmrjack

Re: Post Manchester Beach

Postby RocklinMike » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:52 am

Manchester Beach was fantastic! The weather was perfect. The best we have experienced. First time I have been able to wear a T-shirt to the meeting. Some poor guy was running up and down the beach Sat. , trying to get a kite skyward for his little one. Zero WIND, and he was exhausted in his failed attempts. Put the kite back in the car Bud!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to Jeanie, Maggie, and the entire crew that served up a fantastic dinner spread for us Sat. night. What a great job you all did! Thank you all! You added an exclamation mark to an already excellent weekend.
Having firewood all weekend was also very nice. Thanks to those responsible for having it delivered Fri. rather then Sat. Nice move.
The great weather was with us on the ride home Sun., unlike the gale force crosswinds we experienced Fri.
A perfect event to be sure. If not the best Manchester event ever, very close. IMHO, I vote for Manchester Beach in 2014.
Mike
2016 Polaris Slingshot
2013 R1200GSA
2005 R1200GS
2013 R1200GS (Stofer WTRBXR)
BMWMOA # 139904
RCB 2008
IBA #50412
RocklinMike

Postby Steve Jones » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:01 pm

I agree Manchester Beach for the fall classic in 2014. Even when the weather isn’t spectacular it beats Cloverdale. Cloverdale was OK and would make a nice additional campout, maybe early in the year. March or April might be nice. But the fall classic is Manchester Beach to me.
And thanks to Jeanie and all the volunteers for the great dinner they prepared.
Steve Jones

Postby bmrjack » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:56 am

I thank whomever for the privilege of being able to ride my BMW anywhere anyone wants to go.
bmrjack

Postby jack » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Many thanks Jeanie, Maggie, et al. Well done.

Uuuuhh, I do not recall. Dude, that was like four days ago.

Veni, vidi, defici.

Jack
jack

Postby bmrjack » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:53 pm

de minimus non curat lex Jack. (That means thanks for having my back).
bmrjack

Postby RocklinMike » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:52 pm

GREAT! Now I gotta do Rosetta Stone cause of a pair o Jacks!
2016 Polaris Slingshot
2013 R1200GSA
2005 R1200GS
2013 R1200GS (Stofer WTRBXR)
BMWMOA # 139904
RCB 2008
IBA #50412
RocklinMike

Postby jack » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Caesar, in a most humble moment of reflection as he penned the first line of his memoire on the Gaulic wars (France), wrote:

Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered.)

My closing remarks for da raffle are: I came, I saw, I lost.

I'm not sayin' another word. Talk to my lawyer.
jack

Postby ken » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:00 pm

As for me, Veni, Vidi, Bibi!
Eat. Ride. Repeat.
ken

Postby bmrjack » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:39 am

De minimus non curat lex. Thanks for having my BackJack.
bmrjack

Postby jack » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:07 am

Bibi - yes what I did to escape the deep depression from failing to win even a pin generously donated by BMW RA. This failure, coupled with not winning a bowling shirt after all these many years, caused me to find the bottom of a beer bottle. Then, with each crashing wave shouting - YOU FAILED, YOU FAILED - I slithered away sullen into the fair night.
jack

Postby Fred(Prez2.1) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:59 am

bmrjack wrote:De minimus non curat lex.

Per omnia secula seculorum. Et cum spiritu tuo. That's all the Latin I know, not really sure what it means, but I had to say it often in church as a child. :?
2013 R1200RT 90 year anniversary
2009 R1200RT The final bike (OOPS, I meant the other one)
IBA #24559
"I wouldn't belong to a club that would have me as a member" - Groucho Marx
Fred(Prez2.1)

Postby jack » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Roughly:

For ever and ever. And the spirit be with you.

Now, Bibi.
jack

Return to Rides and Destinations