Cloverdale / Manchester Fall Classic

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

Cloverdale / Manchester Fall Classic

Postby Phil Sweeney » Wed May 09, 2012 8:00 am

EVENT: Cloverdale / Manchester Fall Classic

DATE: October 5-6-7, 2012

I know it may sound like it is too early to be talking about the Cloverdale / Manchester Fall Classic....but it's not. If you are planning to rent a CABIN at the KOA in Cloverdale this fall, NOW is the time to reserve that cabin. The cabins are in HIGH demand for this event and also for other non RCB campers.

Here is the info: Cloverdale KOA, 1166 Asti Ridge Rd., Cloverdale, CA 95425, 800-368-4558 or clovhoa@sonic.net
Phil Sweeney

Re: Cloverdale / Manchester Fall Classic

Postby Greg Smith » Thu May 10, 2012 7:18 am

Thanks for the heads-up Phil...I did find the email address of clovKoa@sonic.net worked better when I reserved my Kabin. :)
R1200RT

"Life is a journey, not a destination"
"If money is your problem, you have no problem." Anton Marta 1903-1998
Greg Smith

Postby Gordon Olson » Thu May 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Nobody's perfict! :-)
Gordon Olson
Prez

Postby terryleeca » Fri May 11, 2012 12:51 pm

I've book a two room cabin for the weekend and will only be using the front double bed area. Anyone interested in bunking in the other room where the bunk beds are please feel free to to contact me and lets split the expense. Cabin cost is running $90 per night.

Terry
terryleeca

Postby Dr. Alpine » Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Gordon Olson wrote:Nobody's perfict! :-)

:? At the risk of sounding a negative note - you did mention in the June newsletter: "we ... would really appreciate your input..." what has Manchester got to do with Cloverdale? Morro Bay was a bust, RideFest was a bust, Yerington is no longer the wonderful deal it used to be, now Manchester has bit the dust. Makes me :( but I'm not complaining because I know I haven't offered anything better. I'm going to work on that. Maybe a group tour of the European Alps with special discount from Rob Beach. Shall I contact him? I've done that tour six times. The best motorcycle adventure you will ever be on.
2016 R1200 RS
Dr. Alpine

Postby Gordon Olson » Thu May 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Just to clarify......Cloverdale is NOT replacing Manchester on a permanent basis. We are alternating the location of the Fall Classic between the two KOA's each year to allow for some variety in weather, riding options, and places to eat. This event will still be held on the first weekend in October, will include our only "off-site" monthly meeting, and will draw a crowd. Fall Classic 2013 will return to Manchester.

BTW: Yerington will still be a deal, just not quite as unbelievably inexpensive as it has been in past years. Also, the hotel has apparently been "tarted up" a bit (as the Brits would say).

RCBPREZ
Gordon Olson
Prez

Postby quack » Thu May 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Just to set the record straight, Morro Bay wasn't a bust. There were a lot of members who showed up, also, Lassen wasn't either. Some of us do get out to ride instead of complaining. :(
michael miller
quack

Group Tour of Alps

Postby Hawkster » Thu May 31, 2012 4:41 pm

Dr. Alpine,
A number of years ago when I was on the board, I also sought to put together a group tour of the Alps with Beach Tours. I had just gotten back from a Beach M/C tour of New Zealand and was very impressed with Rob (and his dry wit) as well as his company. Rob offered us a group discount. I think that I only got a couple of folks to sign up. Maybe it was how I attempted to promote or the times or whatever. I think that it still may be a good idea in more competent hands. If you want to get some more details, just PM me or get together at a breakfast.
BruceW.
Kid, the next time I say "Let's go someplace like Bolivia", let's go someplace like Bolivia!
Hawkster

Postby srosa » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Dr. Alpine wrote:
Gordon Olson wrote:Nobody's perfict! :-)

:? At the risk of sounding a negative note - you did mention in the June newsletter: "we ... would really appreciate your input..." what has Manchester got to do with Cloverdale? Morro Bay was a bust, RideFest was a bust, Yerington is no longer the wonderful deal it used to be, now Manchester has bit the dust. Makes me :( but I'm not complaining because I know I haven't offered anything better. I'm going to work on that. Maybe a group tour of the European Alps with special discount from Rob Beach. Shall I contact him? I've done that tour six times. The best motorcycle adventure you will ever be on.

Cindy and I prefer the Balkans over the Alps these days, but we strongly recommend BMA (Beach's Moto Aventures) for their group tours or bike rentals in Europe and elsewhere. Rob offers a rider's tour with the best roads as opposed to viewing castles, cathedrals or being stuck behind tour busses (you can still do this though if it floats your boat). BMA's rental equipment is usually top notch as well.

As far as discounts go, I believe that Rob gave us a 5% RCB discount for each of the two tours from a decade or so ago. He may offer this to all BMW clubs if they can get a few folks to go at once.

Steve
srosa

Postby Sandberg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi all

I would like to go on this and I wonder if anyone could think of sharing a cabin with me.
I will go alone without wife and will not need a cabin myself.

Is there anyone that have made a reservation and have room left or someone that plans to make a reservation and are able to share?
Sandberg

Postby Dr. Alpine » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:11 pm

:) Sorry I sounded a negative note above about tours I never went on. :oops: Now I'm going on the Cloverdale/Manchester Fall Classic with my granddaughter (age 32) and we've rented a Kabin. Who do I pay $5.00 each to for Saturday night dinner bash? :D Hope to see some of you on the road Friday Oct 5.
2016 R1200 RS
Dr. Alpine

Postby Phil Sweeney » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Please go to the front page of the RCB website and follow the links to "Fall Classic" site, next in to the RCB paypal site. Thanks for attending, you will have a great time.
Phil Sweeney

Postby BruceA » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Phil, you would think that would be the case, but I could not see an obvious link to paypal. You have to click on Membership & Mechandise and then click on Event Payments. There you will find the paypal link for $5.00.

Now, if you want to pay by check, you are on your own for that one.
Never, ever, leave your wingman!
BruceA

Postby Greg Smith » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:52 am

My Kabin is available.

As it turns out I will be unable to go to our Fall Classic this year. My volunteer duties at my credit union require I attend a three day Fall Planning Meeting over the same weekend.

If anyone would like my Kabin call me ASAP before I cancel the reservation. 916-539-9400

Being the generous guy that I am, I'll donate the 5 bucks I paperlessly :D sent in for my registration to the General Fund with an earmark toward supplies for Fred's world famous Bloody Marys.
R1200RT

"Life is a journey, not a destination"
"If money is your problem, you have no problem." Anton Marta 1903-1998
Greg Smith

Return to Rides and Destinations