Mt. Lassen This Weekend

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

Mt. Lassen This Weekend

Postby jack » Sun May 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Well, we are four days away.

Ken prepared a riding route which I modified some for departures from Susie's. Thanks Ken! I will be leaving Susie's for the KOA Friday morning. My plan is to leave Susie's no later than 9AM. There will be a lunch stop in Paradise, then onto the KOA. You are welcome to join me. For those going to b'fast at Susie's Saturday morning before departing for the KOA, you may want to consider the route.

I tried to attach tracks but the web site would not allow me to do so. If you want my tracks for the ride to the KOA, send me an e-mail at jackklau@comcast.net . I will send the tracks to you as an attachment.

Lookin' forward to seeing y'all after the winter lay off, and meeting new members.

Cheers,

Jack
jack

Re: Mt. Lassen This Weekend

Postby ken » Mon May 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Here's my tentative route info:

Right-click these links to save the files to your computer.

The pdf file is here.
The Garmin file is here.

The route is subject to minor changes, but this is the general idea.

Jack may lead a slightly different route (GS road, maybe?), but probably not far from my route.

We'll both be leaving Susie's at 9:00 Friday.
Eat. Ride. Repeat.
ken

Re: Mt. Lassen This Weekend

Postby jack » Mon May 16, 2011 10:38 pm

So you know, Honey Run Rd is an alternate for Skyway for part of the ride from Paradise toward Chico if you want to make a track/route/note. It starts about 0.5 to 1 mile west of Eliot and Skyway and is on the right side going west. Ken says it is a GS road. It's paved and Ken has ridden Mountain View and Stewarts Point many times so I guess that means you can't ring a 1300's neck on this road. :-) I vaguely recall this road from a Gypsy Tour a few years back because there is an old wooden bridge a long the way. Sounds like a photo op to me.

See you Friday morning at Susie's or at the KOA.

Cheers,

Jack
jack

Return to Rides and Destinations