April Monthly Club Ride -- Don't WHINE -- WINE!!!

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

April Monthly Club Ride -- Don't WHINE -- WINE!!!

Postby Gordon Olson » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:11 pm

RCB Buddies:

The April Club Ride (Saturday, April 2) is going to Mantra/Mobius Wines in Healdsburg. Ken will devise a suitably circuitous route to get us there at about 12:30pm. Mike Kuimelis, Winemaker/Proprietor, will meet us and give us information on wines and winemaking. He will have wines to taste ("sip and spit" style since we are riding!!). After we have our lunch (more details on that below), Mike will take us on a short ride to another part of his estate for more info. Mike is hoping to have someone from RawHyde Adventures do a presentation on their off-road adventure classes. Note: There is a possibility that all of the RawHyders may be in Tucson that weekend for a big trade show, so their participation is uncertain at this writing. I will let you know when we hear from them on their availability.

As far as lunch goes.....I will have menus for the Oakville Grocery Company available at our breakfast meetings between now and April 3. The OGC is a very, very nice deli and market and I will pre-order sandwiches for everyone before we leave Suzie's. Mike will pick them up and the sandwiches will be waiting for us at the winery. The sandwiches are $8.95 each, so I am thinking that $13 each should cover the sandwich, chips, a drink, and a complimentary raffle ticket. I will collect the money from everyone once we arrive at the winery.

Why would you need raffle tickets after we leave Suzie's, you ask??? Depending on how many folks make the ride, we will be giving away between 3-6 bottles of Mantra's BMW-themed Carbernets and Syrahs at the winery. Everyone should bring all their (unselected) $5 tickets from breakfast (giving breakfast "losers" a second chance to win). Everyone who makes the ride will get another ticket (gratis) and I will have additional tickets available for purchase. The more you buy, the more of Mike's wine we give away!!

Mike can also arrange shipment if you find a wine that you particularly like and want to get some sent home.

Should be a great day.

Your Humble Rafflemeister and Your Host-For-The-Day,
Gordy
Gordon Olson
Prez

Re: April Monthly Club Ride -- Don't WHINE -- WINE!!!

Postby Randy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:58 am

Gordy,

Do you know your route for this Saturday to Healdsburg? I might to catch up with you from Chico in the morning.

Randy Dawson
randy@dawsonfa.com
Randy

Postby Gordon Olson » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Route setting is Ken's responsibility. Hopefully he will see your question and get back to you. I will be as surprised as everyone else at how devious a route Ken can come up with. I do know that we will arrive at the winery at about 12:30 if that's any help.
Gordon Olson
Prez

Postby ken » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:25 pm

The route files are available now on the RCB web site.
The route will take us past Berryessa towards Healdsburg, with a few extra turns here and there... :wink:
Eat. Ride. Repeat.
ken

Postby Randy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks Ken, no whining from me.
Randy

Postby Bob » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:38 pm

A big Thanks!! to Gordy for setting this up, and ordering up the fine weather for the entire day.

And Ken's route-making was in prime form. The Spring time in Napa is really colorful, especially without the Summertime crowds.

It also helps when you (I) win a free bottle of wine for all the 'trouble', too. :D
Bob

Return to Rides and Destinations