Rider Skills Improvement Day

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

Rider Skills Improvement Day

Postby ken » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:39 pm

For the 15th year in a row, the River City Beemers BMW Motorcycle club is hosting a Rider Skills Improvement Day. This year's event will be on Sunday, August 29, 2010 at Thunderhill Raceway Park near Willows, California.
Participation is limited to members and friends of members of BMW Motorcycle clubs riding any street legal, licensed, insured and quiet motorcycle. No race bikes. No race-modified mufflers.

There are three levels of participation:
  • Entry - Beginner or first time/conservative track riders start here and move up during the day. Separate classes and track sessions. Instruction available all day.
  • Intermediate - For the experienced rider with limited or no track experience. Provides a balance of track and class time.
  • Advanced Class - Skilled riders on a sterile track for most of the day - Instruction provided upon request only.
For more information, see http://www.rcbthunderhill.org/

We expect this event to fill up, so don't wait!
Eat. Ride. Repeat.
ken

Re: Rider Skills Improvement Day

Postby com3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:57 pm

you guys have a blast out there! i still remember the first time i ever got on the track.. man...what a learning experience it was.
com3

Postby Past Prez » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:58 pm

And the weather predictions are for a great, cool day...well... high 70s to low 80s.
Past Prez

Postby com3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Past Prez wrote:And the weather predictions are for a great, cool day...well... high 70s to low 80s.

doesn't get any more perfect than that for a summer day at t'hill! i'll be there on saturday riding and shootin pix. hoping the weather cooperates...unlike today's weather. even my kiddo's soccer practice was just cancelled! HOT!
com3

Postby woodp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:51 pm

... and if you're one of the jokers who waited to the last minute to book rooms and ended up with nothing (like one or two may have done in Yerington <sigh>), rest assured that the Travelodge still has rooms at the Thunderhill rate of $65 - That's better than AAA!

Willows Travelodge
249 North Humboldt Ave
Willows, CA 95988 US

Phone: 530-934-4603
Phil Wood - RCB Member Emeritus
woodp@woodp.com - 916/673-3456
IBA #21233, RA #32719
woodp

Postby Shopdoc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Members,

The hard riding BMW roadrunners. This should be an excellent (with the best conditions one could with for) track day. Part will be seeing you for beer on Saturday nite. And the rest, the bike will take care of. Be there. And the ST.

Shopdoc
Bruce, : ) from Yuba City
Shopdoc

Postby com3 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:52 pm

hey there! just a heads up, as i've been getting phone calls and the likes asking "where's the pictures at?!" ..i wasn't shooting the RCB event this year. i'm not sure where the pics are or who took them. sorry!
com3

Postby ken » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:50 pm

com3 wrote:hey there! just a heads up, as i've been getting phone calls and the likes asking "where's the pictures at?!" ..i wasn't shooting the RCB event this year. i'm not sure where the pics are or who took them. sorry!

Chris Kight was the photographer this year, and he will be notifying us shortly where and how to see and order pictures...
Eat. Ride. Repeat.
ken

Return to Rides and Destinations