NC Riding, Great for the National

On Wednesday we ride to dinner and on Saturday we ride to breakfast. Those and any other rides are coordinated and (sometimes) reported here.

NC Riding, Great for the National

Postby TerryCaffery » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:57 pm

One thing I can say, the best riding may be in the Winter in NC. Starting on Jan
1st, I had the crazy idea to go to all 100 counties of NC and have my bike's
picture taken with each of the county signs to count. It took 70 days to
complete, 5000 miles and a set of tires. I did find a few great pie and coffee
stops, a few new friends and some of the best roads you can ride on in the whole
USA. I now believe that NC has more curves than any other state and some of the
best scenery besides CA, NV, CO, and UT. The beauty of this past week was in the
western NC mountains, just over the hill from where the national will be. I had the
road to myself and was able to do Deals Gap and surronding roads without any traffic.
Because there were no leaves on the trees, the views were great. One restaurant
which stood out was Louise's Rockhouse Restaurant which is located in Linville Falls
on top of the intersection of Avery, Burke and McDowell counties, the kitchen is
in Avery and the dining area is split between Burke and McDowell.So by just walking
across the place you go to three counties. Oh, best of all their five different pies are
all homemade and the dinner was great. I only had the apple with a little ice cream.
Attachments
dealsgap2-1.JPG
dealsgap2-1.JPG (68.2 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
Terry Caffery
TerryCaffery

Re: NC Riding, Great for the National

Postby drswift » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:02 pm

Will see you there! I plan on taking an extra day after the Rally to do some more of those great roads.
Dave Swift, Grass Valley
'07 1200RT
drswift

Return to Rides and Destinations