Motor Safety Class - March 25 @ 2PM at A&S

General discussion of RCB activities not covered elsewhere. This forum also includes all messages imported from the old forum.

Motor Safety Class - March 25 @ 2PM at A&S

Postby jack » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:59 pm

REMINDER - HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE

Greg Peart, a long time member of RCB and retired CHP Motor Officer, has given motorcycle rider safety talks at the 49er Rally and Beemer Bash for many years. We asked him to do a talk for RCB. A & S graciously agreed to host the event.

Greg will give an approximate 1 ½ hour safety talk designed for the motorcycle rider to enhance street safety awareness. The information is a conglomerate of the best things a long time rider and retired California Highway Patrol Motor Officer feels would help the street rider. After the 1st hour of seminar, Greg will answer the top most asked questions of a CHP Motor Officer. There should be time after that for questions and answers from you the rider. Greg will discuss the new California 2017 phone law and lane splitting law too.

Greg's Resume:

Greg Peart was a Certified Motor Training Officer retiring from the CHP after 25 years working in the San Francisco, Redwood City and Martinez offices. His last 18 yrs. were spent in the South Sacramento Office. The last 13 of those yrs. he was a motor Officer. Greg also worked 6 yrs. for the Anderson Police Dept. and was a motor Officer there as well. He is currently a part time motor Officer for the Cal Expo State Fair Police Dept. in Sacramento, Ca. Greg has provided TV/photo bike support for over 20 years at bicycle and marathon race/events like the Amgen Tour of California (10 years)/USA Pro Challenge of Colorado/Tour of Utah and Escape from Alcatraz. He has worked for TV and has two movies under his belt The Ride and LE Ride by Phil Keoghan of The Amazing Race. Greg rode the video motor that filmed each of the movies month long, day & night filming scenes. Greg is also a motor support for USA Cycling. He has also driven the men’s lead vehicle that provides TV coverage of the New York Marathon for 10 years. Greg subbed for another rider one year at the Boston Marathon for the TV moto coverage. Greg has ridden on vacation in Europe, Mexico, Canada, Hawaii and New Zealand. Greg is an accomplished Iron Butt Association Rider with his last ride accomplishment being Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Key West, Florida.
jack

Re: Motor Safety Class - March 25 @ 2PM at A&S

Postby jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Moving this to the top.
jack

Postby BruceA » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:22 pm

One more time to the top. Should be a great presentation.
Never, ever, leave your wingman!
BruceA

Postby Marv » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:15 pm

This was a great and informative riding safety presentation. Thank you Greg.
Marv
Marv

Postby BruceA » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Thank you Greg Peart for the informative presentation. I expect it will make me a better rider.
BruceA

Postby jack » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:40 am

Thanks Greg!! Great information with a good bit of humor. Highly recommend Greg's talk if he speaks at the 49'er or Beemer Bash.
jack

Postby Erivera » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Was there any handout? I am sure it will not be a good substitute for attending but I figured better than none. Had to be somewhere at the same time.
Erivera

Postby BruceA » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Erivera wrote:Was there any handout? I am sure it will not be a good substitute for attending but I figured better than none. Had to be somewhere at the same time.

Ernesto, there was not. The only handout was your hamburgers.
BruceA

Return to General Forum